Allstaff’s Manufacturing & Engineering Division is looking for experienced Platers to work in East Kilbride.
Platers required on a temporary basis to prepare steel or other metal plates and sections for the manufacture of product. You will be working with various thicknesses of metal plate ranging from 5mm to over 100mm and due to the extreme weight of some of the larger plates, candidates will require to have some experience of working with:
– Cranes and hoists
– Heavy-duty guillotines to cut the plates
– Oxyacetylene flame cutters for curves and complex shapes
– Rollers and presses to curve and bend the plates
Must be able to weld or bolt together completed plates to finish the product.
It would be beneficial if you have experience of:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Measuring and marking out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling.
- Cutting slots in metal and drilling or punching holes.
- Using roll bending machines and presses to form and shape plates and sections.
- Guiding cranes and hoists for moving and assembling plates.
- Operating CNC computer-controlled and hand-controlled machines.
- Tacking welding fabricated parts together.
- You will be working in a large workshop on full time hours with opportunity for overtime.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £12.00 /h
Call Ricki Cooper on 0141 221 3923 or email; email@example.com for further details.