Allstaff Accountancy & Finance Division have partnered with our reputable client in Port Glasgow as they seek an experienced Accounts Assistant on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will sit within the centralised Finance function, where they will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and processing of financial transactions and procedures, as well as a large portion of debtor chasing.
Key areas of the role will surround:
- Resolving financial queries, including invoice errors
- Assist management accountant with month end procedures
- Bank Reconciliations and cash allocations
- Preparing and raising invoices
- Assisting within the purchase ledger department in supplier statement reconciliations and raising PO’s
- Bookkeeping and preparation of accounts on Sage, including sales ledger control
- Analysing data to create required reports detailing areas such as company turnover/performance, debtors, and future growth projections
- Procurement management including maintaining a preferred suppliers log and keeping this up to date in terms of items, costs and purchase order number. Using this log to cross-reference invoices received
- Dealing with queries received via email
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required
For this position, I am looking to speak with candidates who hold the following experience:
- Experience within a similar role with knowledge of purchase & sales ledger
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced role
- Numerate with the ability to think laterally
Offering a basic salary of up to £25k across a 40 hour week, please submit your CV to be considered for this post.
Allstaff is operating as an Employment Agency for the supply of Permanent and Contract staff employed directly by the hirer.