Allstaff Manufacturing Division and proud to bring to market, the role of Design Manager for our expanding Glasgow-based Window and Door Set Manufacturer.
Our client is extremely proud of their quality of product and the service offered to customers & understand that customers are the lifeblood of the business. With this in mind coupled with an increased workload, they seek to put in place the new role of Design Manager to further improve the service to customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
The main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Taking a leadership role in the management of the Design Process for our Design & Install Contracts, ensuring that design works carried out internally and externally to the business are completed in line with the contract requirements, both technically and timeously.
- Direct Management and support of the internal Drawings Team to ensure we meet the Client’s expectations of timeline and quality.
- Co-ordinate the Design Process both internally and externally working closely with all relevant parties, including where required: the Client, Employer’s Representatives, Key Stakeholders, Design Team and Legislative Bodies. Together with the creation and submittal of the Program for Design & Design Responsibility Matrices.
- The role will require input at the Pre-Construction phase with support for the Estimating Team and the Client on best design solutions where required.
- Chairing Design Team meetings and detail Design Technical Workshops, prepare Project Reports, Sample Schedules & Technical Submittals.
- Working with our Design, Manufacturing & Installation Teams to reduce costs, delays, and disruption on-site by ensuring the use of the most effective Design Methods and Concepts. Awareness of Value Engineering to ensure contacts remain on budget.
For this role, we are looking for Candidates to be either qualified or part qualified Architectural Technicians with around 7+ years of experience in Architectural Detailing using AutoCAD in a Housing Environment. Candidates must have strong experience of running their own jobs and staff, showing strong communication skills at all levels.
Allstaff is operating as an Employment Agency for the supply of Permanent and Contract staff employed directly by the hirer.