Allstaff Manufacturing Division are proud to bring to market the role of Head of Health, safety and wellbeing for our prestigious client.
As a part of the senior management team, you will be responsible for devising, implementing and leading the HSW strategy, driving a culture that never compromises safety within the workplace ensuring full engagement from staff.
Leading both hands-on and strategic activities, success will require close collaboration with your peers as well as a mindset and approach which will continue to bring new levels of thinking, behaviour and culture. The role requires continuing to develop, build and execute proactive and sustainable hazard risk management systems in line with business objectives in order to monitor safety, health and wellbeing with the ultimate aim of hazard control, zero injuries and autonomous safety.
Suitable candidates MUST be Chartered IOSH, with 3 years + experience within a similar role who can demonstrate leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of staff.
- Ensure that the HSW Team operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Instil a culture of safety, innovation, continuous improvement and responsiveness to internal and external customers to achieve zero accidents / zero RIDDOR’s or near-miss reporting which exceeds industry standards and a culture of second nature behavioural safety
- Develop and agree on strategic plans for HSW and related activities that develop the service to meet the current and future needs of the business and ensure the organisation achieves world-class levels of HSW performance
- Ensure the company complies with its legal obligations in relation to health and safety through the provision and monitoring of the company’s health and safety management system, policy, procedures and training
- Ensure that managers and employees are provided with specialist health and safety advice in relation to all company activities
- Ensure all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformities, are correctly reported and investigated in accordance with HSW policies and procedures.
- Effectively maintain accident report files, incident files, accident investigations, corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence and other related safety concerns.
- Ensure all HSW lessons learned and other high-value learning events are communicated across your peer group.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance
- Monitor external developments, participate in industry forums, assess best practice and market development, ensure that all developments relevant to the business are proposed and implemented internally to improve business compliance and performance
- Develop safety policies and programs, including induction and ongoing training programs, partnering with HR and Operations to ensure the policies and programs are embedded.
- Research market developments in relevant areas, identify approaches and processes that will add value to the business & develop and propose to the Senior Management Team any relevant developments, projects, approaches and initiatives.
- Implement a programme of audits to ensure achievement of service levels that are equal or better than the industry standard, monitor service level achievement to ensure that commitments are delivered.
- Ensure all Operational HSW actions are supported and closed out in line with defined timescales.
- Review change in legislation and the impacts on the Legal Register.
- Inform the Senior Management Team about changes in legislation and updates to the legal register.
- Whilst living the Company values and promoting health, safety and wellbeing, provide clear vision and leadership to the HSW Team, as well as inspire, motivate and coach to help them develop new skills and support succession planning
- Promote employee engagement through timely two-way communications, particularly delivering on key actions identified during employee engagement surveys
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV today.
Hours: 40 per week
Allstaff is operating as an Employment Agency for the supply of Permanent and Contract staff employed directly by the hirer.