Allstaff is delighted to be working in partnership with a global manufacturing client based in the Renfrewshire area to recruit a Health, safety and Wellbeing Advisor to join this expanding, award-winning, dynamic organisation.
Our client is going through an exciting period of change and is looking to appoint a fast-paced individual with previous manufacturing experience. Candidates must show a willingness to continuously improve processes and procedures, and promote a positive and safe working environment for all employees, ensuring policies are adhered to and that the business is compliant with all Health and safety measures. You will work alongside the Head of Health and Safety to ensure that the business is being proactive and working in line with objectives.
Key skills and experience required –
- Ability to fulfil the requirements of TechIOSH or GradIOSH
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Strong on Microsoft packages
- Previous risk assessment experience and implementing health and safety procedures
The role –
- Carry out worker and contractor inductions to ensure they are aware of the hazards on site and the controls in place to keep them safe and maintain records of inductions.
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure that all significant hazards have been identified and control measures are in place.
- Carry out weekly Health and Safety Inspections to ensure the workplace is safe and that safety checks are being completed and hazards reported.
- Give advice and deal with general health and safety enquiries.
- Investigate concerns raised by employees, safety representatives and members of the public, and act accordingly.
- Apply specialist knowledge of high-risk activities undertaken by Group workers and advise on the appropriateness of health and safety arrangements.
- Liaise with external agencies, service providers and Human Resources to contribute to the management of sickness absence and employee occupational health and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV today.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please send us your CV using the form below.
If you have any difficulty, or need any help, please contact us.