Allstaff commit to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and protect the privacy of our candidates, clients, employees and users of our website.
Allstaff also commit to providing a safe and secure user experience ensuring the information you submit to us via our website or through our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
In order for Allstaff to enage with you, keep you informed of, and introduce you to relevant opportunities we request consent to hold your personal data. Without consent to hold your personal data we will not be able to represent you, legally, obliged to remove you from our database and therefore, unable to introduce you to relevant temporary assignments or employment opportunities.
Why do Allstaff collect personal information?
Allstaff operate as a recruitment business and recruitment agency, retained by companies to identify and place individuals into temporary assignments and permanent employment. We are also an employer of recruitment consultants who facilitate the recruitment process. The collection of personal data is necessary for Allstaff to function and perform our duties as an employer, as a recruitment business and as a recruitment agency.
What information do Allstaff collect?
Allstaff collect personal details, including but not limited to, your name, address and contact details including email address. We may also collect and store other information from your CV or application form including current and previous employers, details of your skills, work experience, education, salary, expectations and qualifications.
We then store other pertinent details relating to our dealings with you, including but not limited to, records of interviews, opportunities we have put you forward for, references, trade tests, other information you have provided to us and copies of correspondence.
We may store further information where we have placed you into a role or you are employed by us which could include contracts, start and end dates, absence, health information in order to comply with relevant health and safety and equality legislation, pay history, national insurance and bank details. Where criminal record checks are necessary specific consent will be requested.
It is unlikely we will process any identifiable data which would be categorised as Special Category under the relevant data protection legislation unless it is to meet a legal requirement, for example to evidence right to work or identity.
What will we do with your personal information?
We will hold your personal data:
- To provide services to you and answer your enquiries.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or a candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to job alerts.
- To match your details with job vacancies according to your background and experience. To assist us in finding the most suitable opportunities and contact you to discuss those employment opportunities.
- To employ or engage with you.
- For the fulfilment and ongoing management of a contract where we have placed you, hired you or supply to you.
- For the purpose of identification and right to work.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil contractual obligations to you and our clients.
- To advise on news, industry updates, events and any changes to the services we provide. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- To provide employment references. Information disclosed will be limited to the position you held, and dates worked.
- We may also contact you to seek further consent to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for purposes not listed above.
To subscribe to job alerts you will be required to provide your email address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by email, of the latest jobs in your industry and provide you with industry news. Should you decide you no longer want to receive this information, unsubscribe links will be provided.
Curriculum Vitae and / or Application Form
You have the option of submitting your CV via our website, via third party job boards, via email, in person or completing an application form. You can do this either for a specific current opportunity or for consideration for future opportunities. Your application / CV will be stored on our database of candidates and will be accessible to all our recruitment consultants. You can update or remove your CV and details at any time by contacting us.
We are an equal opportunity business and committed to diversity. All job applicants, clients and members of staff will receive equal treatment and not be discriminated against on the grounds gender, marital status, race, ethnic or national origin, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, religion or age.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We will only make your personal information visible to the organisations we are working with when you are put forward for an opportunity or a legal requirement or required for the fulfilment and ongoing management of a contract where we have placed or hired you. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we use 3rd party data processors to maintain business operations. An example of this might be that we have our emails, or our database hosted in the cloud. Whilst these cloud providers would not typically have direct access to your information, storage is considered processing under the relevant data protection legislation. Similarly, as an example, if we have employed you directly, we would need to send your data as required by law to local tax authorities;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Using your information to keep in touch with you
In addition to our typical processing we may use the information we hold about you in order to contact you in the following circumstances:
- To advise you of changes to our terms
- To advise you of any security concerns
- Where permitted by law
How long do we hold it for?
Barring any other legal requirement, we will hold your data for no longer than 12 months since last providing services before seeking confirmation that you are happy for us to continue to hold your data. If we have placed you either with one of our clients or you have been employed directly by us, we are required by law to hold certain data for a longer period to comply with our legal obligations such as Working Time, Right To Work, Pension, National Minimum / Living Wage, Tax, National Insurance and Agency worker Regulations.
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and Allstaff and our data processors have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Our staff have the minimum required access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a ‘subject access request’.
Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
- that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- that information about you is deleted in certain situations
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
- that your data is provided to you in a portable format
- that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for this purpose or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for this purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent us using your information in this way by contacting us.
If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with any reasonable request.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact Carolyn Moir-Grant
Carolyn Moir-Grant, Managing Director
69 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5TF
Tel: 0141 221 3923
You may also contact the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. The main cookies that we use provide us with valuable data about our website to help improve usability and the customer experience. The software may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. The software may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website.
To view and manage data that the software has collected about you on our website, or to opt out of future tracking please visit the data privacy management tool.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.