ALLSTAFF IS PROUD TO SHARE ABERLOUR’S NEW BESPOKE ATTAINMENT MENTORING SERVICE FOR CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE IN RENFREWSHIRE
Aberlour in partnership with Renfrewshire Council are piloting a new bespoke Attainment mentoring service ‘Attain’. This new service offers a flexible, relationship-based mentoring service to support the attainment needs of Renfrewshire’s care experienced children and young people.
Aberlour believe that all children deserve to flourish. They listen: their services are tailored to help each child, young person or family to be the very best they can be. They support them to overcome significant challenges and offer support at the earliest opportunity: Giving children the best possible start in life is at the heart of everything they do.
Aberlour are now looking for volunteer mentors to support care experienced children and young people across Renfrewshire who will encourage them to value education and have high aspirations for their future.
What will I be doing as a Mentor?
- Direct one-to-one mentoring with a child or young person
- Providing support for children/young people to access and take part in opportunities within their local area
- Working alongside a child or young person to set personal goals for their education and their future to motivate and encourage children/young people to help them to make positive choices in their lives regarding their education and their future
- Encouraging children and young people to value their education and have high aspirations
- Listening to a child/young person by valuing and respecting their feelings, views and opinions
- Where required taking an active part in reviews and evaluations.
What qualities do I need?
- A non-judgemental, empathic approach to children/young people
- Positivity and enthusiasm
- To be approachable, patient and understanding
- To be honest and trustworthy
- To have a commitment to treat all information in a confidential manner.
When will I be needed?
- Days, evenings or weekends
- Each meeting lasts for approximately 2-4 hours
- Visits will be weekly/fortnightly depending on the needs of the child/young person
If you would like to be a mentor and really make a difference please see contact details below, the team at Aberlour would love to hear from you;
Aberlour Volunteering Team Telephone: 0141 260 9180 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org