Today is #worldkindnessday. We all know the saying it is better to give than to receive but did you know that was backed up by research?
“People who are kind and compassionate see clear benefits to their wellbeing and happiness. They may even live longer. Kindness can also help reduce stress and improve our emotional wellbeing”- Mental Health Foundation.
So why not spread some kindness today. You could try:
- Compliment a colleague or friend
- Call or video chat a family member or friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Buy a coffee for a colleague or stranger
- Say thank you to a colleague who has helped you
- Offer to help an elderly or vulnerable neighbour
- Send someone a handwritten thank you note
The smallest gestures can really brighten up someone’s day and make a big difference.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted- Aesop